SongHall Networking Meeting With Peter M. Thall
Tuesday, March 23rd, 6:15 - 9:30 PM
Location: SHETLER STUDIO, 244 West 54th St., 12th Fl., Penthouse #1
OPEN TO ALL!!! A FREE EVENT!!!
Make new connections and grow your network to expand your music’s reach! Bring your iPods w/headphones with your songs and /or tracks to share. Demo producers; bring CD demos and business cards to hand out. Workshop Alumni; get together and share your music and your progress! Projects Coordinator Peter Bliss will be on hand to answer questions and will also talk about the upcoming SongHall workshops, showcases, and events.
Feature Presentation by Music Industry Attorney Peter M. Thall
… on the release of the Random House paperback edition of his book
What They’ll Never Tell You About the Music Business
The Myths, the Secrets, the Lies (& a Few Truths).
This completely revised and expanded edition is a must-have reference not only for aspiring songwriters, record producers, and performing artists but also for record company executives, personal and business managers, agents, and attorneys. The presentation will be followed by a Q & A session.
Peter Thall has represented many of the world’s greatest artists from Simon & Garfunkel to Barry Manilow, The Average White Band, ABBA, Ric Ocasek and The Cars, Hall & Oates, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, The Irish Tenors, and the world-renowned Soprano, Anna Moffo.
“For someone on the way up, this book is a must; for everyone else, it’s a bible.”—Danny Strick, co-President, SonyATV Music Publishing, Inc.
“The music business is complicated, and this book is very helpful in deciphering its pitfalls, opportunities, and challenges.”—Clive Davis, Chief Creative Officer, Sony Music Entertainment Worldwide
Topics covered include:
* How the Internet has affected every aspect of the music business, from copyright and royalty issues to censorship
* How many musicians have seized do-it-yourself Internet opportunities to create successful business models
* How satellite radio, digital jukeboxes, and video games are affecting the music market
* How artists can maximize their chances for long-term financial health
* What snares and pitfalls to avoid when signing an employment contract
* How the royalty pie is sliced—and who gets the pieces AND MANY MORE!